Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy at Genesis Health Institute
The Genesis Health Institute is one of the leading centers for bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). Our physicians have worked with thousands of men and women to design bioidentical hormone replacement programs to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and relieve symptoms related to hormone deficiencies or hormone imbalance. If you are interested in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, here are a few things you should know:
- Results for a typical bioidentical hormone replacement program typically take about a month to be noticed. During this time, your body is adjusting to the new levels of hormones on the level of your DNA.
- Your hormone program will be based on precise lab tests measuring your current hormone levels. If your blood tests don't reflect a hormone deficiency, we would not recommend any type of hormone replacement therapy. In general, hormone levels begin to decline or fluctuate beginning at age 30 to 35 for men and women, but this isn't true for everyone. The only way you can know if your symptoms are caused by hormone imbalance is to be tested.
- We do not prescribe performance enhancing medications or anabolic steroids used to build muscles.
- Your bioidentical hormone replacement program will only last as long as it takes to achieve the results you want. It's important to understand, however, that the benefits of a BHRT program only last as long as you're on the therapy. When you stop taking BHRT, your symptoms might return.
- Your Genesis Institute physician is not a replacement for your primary care physician. While BHRT has been shown to reduce the risk of many chronic diseases, we are a preventive medicine clinic that specializes in BHRT, nutrition and supplementation, and lifestyle improvements through exercise. You should remain under the care of your primary care physician and make sure your doctor knows about your BHRT program.
- If you haven't had blood work within the last six months before visiting Genesis Health Institute, you will need new samples.
- Your insurance may or may not cover your BHRT program, depending on the type of insurance you have and the reason your therapy is prescribed. It's common for insurance to cover routine lab work and some medications. If your insurance doesn't cover your therapy, we have various pricing plans to make BHRT affordable.
Click [HERE] to inquire today to find out more.